January 19, 2009

Encouragement from an Unlikely Source

Ever find yourself so discouraged that you cannot find your way through a difficult situation? This is where I am with an issue at work.

Honestly, this thing has been gnawing away at me for six months, and regardless of how much I work on it and pray about it, little is changing. But get aload of this:

Today, as I was praying and reading my Bible, tears began to fall down my face as I struggled with this one same ongoing problem. I told my wife later that I didn't know how much more I could take.

Tonight, as I am paying our bills, I come across a new letter from our Compassion International child in Bolivia. The letter is written by our little girl's mother and includes this line: "She wants you to know she is praying for you and has this verse from the Bible for you, Philippians 4:13."

Of course, I know this verse- "I can do all things through Christ Jesus who gives me strength." In God's goodness and love for me, He chooses to use an impoverished little girl from Bolivia that we love and support to encourage me. Just goes to show sponsoring a child from Compassion is a two way blessing in more ways than we know.

No comments: