March 20, 2008

Facing Mountains

Living in Colorado, the Rocky Mountains are always before me. The colors constantly change from "purple mountains majesties" to the sparkling white of snow. When the sun sets in the summer and fall, the brilliant oranges of the sky cast an incredible tint to this creative and varied handiwork of God.

Yet, I am not the only one that faces mountains on a daily basis. We all do.

Life is really one set of challenges positioned between seasons of blessing and peace. The trick is to find this peace in the midst of our difficulties. We are not always responsible for the circumstances we find ourselves in, but we are responsible for how we respond to them. It's alright to be angry, fearful, disappointed or frustrated, but we can't let it stop us from pushing on and conquering what lies in front of us.

One great book for me in this area, Hinds' Feet on High Places, and one amazing song, Anything's Possible, encourage me to keep going when I let worry and fear keep me stuck. Check them out. You'll be glad you did. Whatever mountains you are facing, be encouraged and keep pushing on!

No comments: