January 23, 2017

Cast Members of Disney Parks: Collect the Entire Series!

One of my favorite aspects of amateur photography is portraitures. Even more so than landscapes, taking people's pictures is always a highly rewarding and personal experience. There's almost an unspoken connection between the subject and the photographer, even if it's a total stranger. With the camera, I am preserving a person's moment in time in a digital image...a mythical, timeless realm where things always remain unchanged.

The Disney parks are my favorite place to snap portraitures, especially of the cast members (not talking about those who portray Disney characters). Although these people are playing a "role", it's not like they're pretending to be something or someone else. Yes, Bob or Phil of the Barbershop Quartet doesn't really live on Main Street USA, but I'm pretty sure they're still Bob or Phil when they go home after work.

And because customer service is strongly ingrained into the Disney culture, it would be hard for a cast member to turn me down when I ask to take their photos (there have been one or two who were unsure, but otherwise, everyone has been more than happy to pose for a pest like me).

I've decided to start a series of posts dedicated to featuring these fantastic workers from the various Disney parks. I 'll do maybe two or three a month and see how this series fares.

For the first spotlighted cast members, I turn to the Photo Supply Co located at the tail end of Main Street USA in Disneyland. There, I ran into a very friendly and charismatic group of cast members while redeeming my free 5 X 7 print. From left to right are Bella, Brenda, Marcus, & Ryan.



I initially asked Bella and Marcus pose, but she asked if I could get the whole group into the shot which I was more than happy to oblige. Thank you Photo Supply crew for really spreading the Disney magic and for giving this poor photog a chance to snap some pics!


         (Photos Copyright 2017 Len Yokoyama)

2 comments:

Mark said...

I LOVE this idea! Nice work, bro!

juneaubiscuits said...

LOL..gotta find ways to post my photos!