December 31, 2013

Goodbye 2013!


There are few years in my life that have been more difficult than the one we are leaving behind. In fact, the last five years have been pretty difficult. In the midst of the pain, immediate family in the hospital, and questions about our future, one thing has been certain: God has been up close and personal.

No one escapes life without sorrow, loss, betrayal and the like. And yet, He cares for us. Jesus Christ knows us, loves us, and stands with us. Adam and Eve's disobedience in the garden set about the disintegration of the world and the blessed life God intended. Yet, even in their sin, God provided a sacrifice to cover it all for those who would believe and turn their lives over to Him.

The perpetual sin of man keeps evil going. I am thankful God Himself forgives my sin and the sin of others- including that of those who have sinned against me. 

The story is not all doom and gloom! 2013 has held some wonderful joys as well- births, new friendships, and the reintroduction of old ones. I saw God's hand at work all through the year. I hope you did, too.

If 2013 was a bad year for you and your family, praise God it's over. If it was a good year, give Him thanks. Regardless, the Creator of the Universe loves you as his own, calling you into a deeper relationship... There's no where I would rather be.

No comments: