March 18, 2019

#carpentersbook - My Incredible Honor to Be Part of It!

What an honor! Randy L. Schmidt, author of Little Girl Blue the Life of Karen Carpenter, contacted me several months ago. Randy asked if I had any interest in being a guest commentator for his new book, Carpenters: An Illustrated Discography. His plan was to gather folks to discuss the music and career of my favorite duo.

Of course, as a life-long fan, I was happy to be involved with this great project!  

Randy has gathered a very elite group of music industry folks and fans! (I still cannot believe I was included!) They have combined forces to discuss the following albums:

OFFERING
CLOSE TO YOU
CARPENTERS
A SONG FOR YOU
NOW & THEN
THE SINGLES 1969-1973
HORIZON
A KIND OF HUSH
PASSAGE
CHRISTMAS PORTRAIT
MADE IN AMERICA
VOICE OF THE HEART
AN OLD-FASHIONED CHRISTMAS
Richard Carpenter: TIME
LOVELINES
Karen Carpenter: KAREN CARPENTER
Richard Carpenter: PIANIST ARRANGER COMPOSER CONDUCTOR
AS TIME GOES BY

My piece was to contribute in a larger group discussion regarding the duo's 1976 release A Kind of Hush. All about the music, the stage of their career, our memories, etc. Really a special time for me as I first saw them during the tour for Hush and met them backstage afterwards.

I won't really say any more. You'll have to read it for yourself. (And see all the never before seen photos Randy has gathered for each album.)

Let me just say this: Randy's other contributors to our group discussion were very fun for me to interact with! Such insights!

Thank again, Randy, for the once in a lifetime opportunity!
-----
I have many, many, articles and even rare photos regarding the career of Karen and Richard Carpenter on this blog. There are also my album reviews including those of a "Fresh Look" at the original albums after many years of listening. If you're a fan of Carpenters, I think you'll find much to enjoy here.



No comments: