January 10, 2019

Train Wreck

Can't help but stare! Sometimes a wreck of any sorts captures our eye, and it won't let go. Morbid on our part or something more? Hard to say. But its provides some good food for though as we begin the new year.

Sometimes, my life is like a train wreck. I take my eyes off God or I choose to deliberately do something that I know displeases Him. What am I thinking?! Doing this just sets my life on anything from a short bad course on the wide road or leads to a long spiral down, taking me places I never wanted to go and costing me more than I ever expected. And it hurts people around me. People I love and care for.

Ah, but when I walk in humility and obedience before God, I'm like  a palm tree. 



"The righteous will flourish like a palm tree,
    they will grow like a cedar of Lebanon;
 planted in the house of the Lord,
    they will flourish in the courts of our God.
 They will still bear fruit in old age,
    they will stay fresh and green,
 proclaiming, “The Lord is upright;
    he is my Rock, and there is no wickedness in him.”
                                      Psalm 92

God is so good all the time! Today, I'm thanking Him for all the times He's forgiven me and let me start anew.

No comments: