August 25, 2014

Pirates of the Caribbean 1, 2, 3, or 4

 Is it just me or has anyone else noticed there are a wide variety of Pirates of the Caribbean attraction posters- just for Disneyland Paris alone?
 To be specific, I've got a case of the blues. Really just trying to figure out exactly which is the correct color scheme. 
 Thinking here that the very top image is the one closest to the original. (I do like the second one as well!) But my eyes have deceived me before.
The official attraction poster book gives some clue. Yet we all know the printing affects the colors. So, I'll ask you- is Pirates of the Caribbean 1, 2, 3 or 4 your favorite? And what would Johnny Depp say? Especially since he's been left out of the European version of this classic Marc Davis attraction.

(Art copyright The Walt Disney Company.)

3 comments:

Len said...

I'd have to go with #4, although I have to say this design doesn't do much for me. I grew up reading and collecting comics, so I can understand the artist's approach. It just lacks that classic Disney attraction poster vibe (for me).

Unknown said...

I own an original silkscreen of this poster, and the colors match the first version.

Mark said...

Thank you, Richard! On my first visit, I had enough money for one poster, so I purchased Adventure Isle. I just couldn't decide!