March 15, 2009

American Idle

Middle of the night and much is on my mind. I can't get Danny Gokey and his strong version of Michael Jackson's PYT (Pretty Young Thing) out of my head. Is this Season Eight's new American Idol? Could be- yet, I've been wrong before. In the past, I would have put money on Chris Daughtry or even dark horse favorite Elliott Yamin to take the crown in Season Five. Yet, this guys seems to have the goods.

What else at 4am? Why do I even really care about construction at California Adventure, the cartooning of Walt Disney World, the economic plans of President Obama, and I'm ashamed to say, the pending cheap remake of our tired kitchen with worn paint, chipped countertop and leaky faucet? Good questions.

Let me guess. Boredom, too much television and forgetting about what is really important. Faithfulness, kindness, mercy, and caring for the needs of others. How easily I forget the bigger things! Oh God, hear my prayer and keep me heart atuned to you. It is so easy to be led astray by things deemed important in our brains by what we see and take in versus the things we know if we stop and focus on what is important to you. Glad it's Sunday morning and a time for spending an hour or two focused on you. Thank you, Lord Jesus, Creator of the Universe, for putting up with me!

No comments: